Strata Insurance is essential for owners of any stratified property, including duplexes, triplexes, townhome complexes, and apartment buildings. Strata property owners own a share of the common property, which includes grounds, parking area, exterior walls, roof, hallways, amenity rooms, and so on.
As a locally owned and operated company since 1906, Irwin & Billings understands the local property risk issues better than anyone, and with our industry knowledge, we have the expertise to ensure you have the coverage you need.
Strata Insurance generally covers the following coverage:
- Replacement Cost for the Buildings shown on the Strata Plan
- Common Property
- Fixtures Built or Installed as Part of the Original Construction
- Electrical and mechanical breakdown (boiler & machinery)
- Commercial General Liability insurance
- Crime, including employee dishonesty
Directors and Officers liability insurance is available as an optional coverage.
For insurance packages for individual unit owners, please see our section on condo insurance.